Tuesday, December 31, 2019 / by Laura Lynn
Together we focused on depth, not breadth;
- Compass agents helped 111,976 buyers, sellers & renters find their place in the world. On average, we helped someone complete a transaction every 5 minutes.
- Our sales volume grew from $33 to $88 billion, and Compass became the #1 independent brokerage in the country by closed sales volume, per Real Trends.
- Compass grew to serve a community of 15,000 agents, making it even easier to find an agent to refer our clients to.
- We used Compass Concierge for $8.5 billion of listings, representing 17.5% of active Compass listings.
- We’re leading in luxury real estate with Compass representing the top-producing agent or team by sales volume in places like San Francisco, Malibu, Dallas, Houston, Chicago and other important luxury markets according to Real Trends. Alain Pinel Realty in Northern California and Stribling & Associates in New York brought even more high-end expertise into the Compass family in 2019.
- Compass debuted 21,107 listings as exclusive Compass Coming Soons, allowing sellers to pre-market their homes and get valuable market feedback.
- Compass can now offer Compass Bridge Loan Services, a simple solution to bridge the gap between the home you have and the home you want. There are many stories of multiple clients who literally burst into tears of relief when they learned about the program.
- Compass now operate out of 325 offices (87 more than last year) across 135 cities.
- Compass has earned close to or exceed 20% market share in some of the most important markets in the country (eg, Manhattan, San Francisco, Marin, Danville, multiple Silicon Valley sub-markets, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica, Cambridge, Washington D.C.) and earned 10% market share in many more markets, which is major progress towards our 2020 by 2020 target.
- Compass agents and employees supported over 2,000 different nonprofits through Compass Cares in just its first 9 months. Service is the heart of who we are and what we do. That’s why 100% of Compass transactions result in a donation back to our communities.
- We hired more than 850 new employees out of 144,000 applicants. That makes our acceptance rate just 0.6% — more selective than Harvard.
- We announced a raise of over $350 million of new capital at a $6.4 billion valuation this summer from a handful of investors, bringing our total capital raised to over $1.5 billion. As has always been true, we have $0 in debt. This lets us invest more in building tools and support for agents than any other company.
- We received some nice recognition for our culture and technology, like LinkedIn’s “Top 50 hottest U.S. startups to work for right now” (we were #9), Fast Company’s “Best Workplaces for Innovators”, Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work 2020” and the Webby Award for Best Real Estate Website.